Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Is Honesty that difficult?

Do you ever wonder how other people see you? How your friends see you vs people you just associate with? Do you think what they see in you matches what you want to be or see yourself as?

While some people make it clear of their thoughts about how you do things in your life, some people only provide insight when asked. (Which is sort of the way it should be unless you need an intervention). Sometimes when asked to provide insight and give advice people draw a blank and give you nothing *wink* it happens :)

Last year I needed A LOT of advice and help for some situations. I had a great person to help guide me through those. Is there a class or something we can send people to so they can learn how to be a friend? I am watching people I know and the people around them and they are not friends. Are parents not teaching honesty, loyalty, being positive... I could go on about things a friend should be. Am I the only one seeing this trend? People aren't being true friends anymore. It's all become this evil game of what can they get out of this situation for themselves.

One of the hardest thing about being the type of friend that is truly a good friend (in my mind) is to keep your mouth shut. Sometimes in certain situations you just have to. When you know your friend is going to get hurt, when you know something they are doing is not the best but they are having fun for the moment, you keep your mouth shut let them enjoy themselves and be there for them when it all falls apart.


To my closest friends: TEACH OTHERS YOUR WAYS.... wait no I take it back I want you all to myself! :)

No comments: